[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage: Which tables to replicate?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu May 22 16:39:16 EDT 2008

Russ Ferriday wrote:
> (You could get away with a byte for the server ID, leaving masses of
> bits for the item ID.)

That's probably a good idea, but I'd prefer to use the least significant
byte for the server ID, effectively allocating OIDs modulo 256. :-)
Also, it's becoming clear that each server should have an independent
new_oid table (rather than replicate it), and we should do something to
ensure the server ID component of the OID is always correct.

Shane