[ZODB-Dev] merging databases containing multidatabase references

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Apr 24 09:26:27 EDT 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 6:02 PM, David Glick wrote:

> I have a multidatabase of 3 databases containing a handful of
> multidatabase references.  (This was created out of a combination of
> naivety along with a desire to be able to work with smaller files if I
> need to pull down a local copy of the database from the server.)  Of
> course, now I am running into trouble because I cannot pack one of the
> databases without occasionally having an object get garbage collected
> that is still referenced from another database, which leads to
> POSKeyErrors when I try to load the object containing that reference.

In ZODB 3.9, you can pack without doing garbage collection.  This
should at least buy you time, if not solve your problem (depending on
how much garbage your application creates.

In the (near?) future, we'll be providing a multi-database garbage
collector that works independently of packing.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation