[ZODB-Dev] merging databases containing multidatabase references

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Tue Apr 28 01:03:34 EDT 2009

David Glick wrote:
> Taking the existing ExportImport.py code as a starting point, it looks
> like I would need to:
> 1. modify the persistent_load method to handle rewriting extended
> references of types 'n' and 'm'
> 2. provide some way to process several export files at once, and input
> a mapping of filename to database name (to handle when I am, say,
> importing 2 databases with references between each other)

On second thought... if it were me, I think I'd write a special export
function, rather than import function.  The export function would cross
database boundaries as needed.  It would rewrite every OID and OID
reference as "db_name:oid".  Then you wouldn't need to write an import
function.

I hope the import/export code doesn't have some buried assumption that
OIDs are 8 bytes long, though.

Shane