[ZODB-Dev] Proposal: cross database reference seat belt

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 28 08:42:15 EDT 2009

Thanks for writing this up!

Do we really need per-object control?

It would be simpler to simply allow or disallow (new) cross-data
references at the database level.

I think the most common use case for cross-database connection
limitation is support for "mounts".  With mounts, there are a small
number of direct references between databases.  This could be
addressed by instantiating a database in a mode that allows cross-
database references and using that instantiation to establish the
mounts. All other instantiations would disallow new cross-database