[ZODB-Dev] Temporary files not closed

Izak Burger izak at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Jun 25 08:33:02 EDT 2009

Izak Burger wrote:
> I suspect we're simply dealing with a process that creates a LOT of
> savepoints before finally committing. The developer of the application
> is out at the moment, when he gets back from his lunch-break/touch-rugby
> game I shall ask him about this.

The developer confirmed that the process imports a lot of data, and
commits every now and then. By comitting more often we can keep these
files smaller. I've been watching it for a while now, and I see it grows
to about 7.3 GB and then it starts over again.

It seems everything works as it should then, the important thing is
simply to have enough space on /tmp.

Thanks for the pointers.

regards,
Izak