[ZODB-Dev] Temporary files not closed

Alan Runyan runyaga at runyaga.com
Thu Jun 25 08:33:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Izak Burger<izak at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> Benji York wrote:
>> Have you looked at the contents of the files?  Once you have an idea of
>> what is being written you might be able to determine what is doing the
>> writing.
>
> The big 6.3GB one contains pickles. Lots and lots of pickles.
>
> I suspect we're simply dealing with a process that creates a LOT of
> savepoints before finally committing. The developer of the application
> is out at the moment, when he gets back from his lunch-break/touch-rugby
> game I shall ask him about this.

We have been seeing something similar on Windows.  Where there are lots of
zeo-cache files + .tbufs lying around.  This does not happen all the time. I was
presuming it had something to do with signal handling/windows/tempfile.
We have not found a way to reproduce the problem but have seen it at several
customer environments.

-alan