[ZODB-Dev] Can I use RelStorage with ZODB3.9.0

eastxing eastxing at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 05:33:46 EST 2009

2009/3/6 Hanno Schlichting <hannosch at hannosch.eu>

> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > On 3/6/09 6:27 AM, eastxing wrote:
> >> About one month ago, I asked a question about 'ZODB pack' and got
> >> suggestions to update to new ZODB version.
> >> It took me one month to update my site from Plone2.5.5(with
> >> Zope2.9.6-final,ZODB3.6.2) to Plone3.1.7(with Zope2.10.7,ZODB3.7.3).
> >> Then I update zasync(an schedule durable task framework used by Zope2)
> >> to use its second-generation replacer -- 'zc.async', 'zc.async' needs
> >> ZODB3.9.0, then I went further to update to use Zope2.11.7 and
> >> ZODB3.9.0a12, so far so good.
> >
> > Please note that Zope 2.11.7 is not supported for Plone 3.1.7. You
> > should be able to use ZODB 3.9 with Zope 2.10.x though.
>
> Zope 2.11.2 is indeed not officially supported for Plone 3.x but we have
> nightly test runs passing for months now. So there's a good chance it'll
> work.
>
> If you want to use RelStorage I suggest using ZODB 3.8 with the
> appropriate patches. This combination is used in production by a number
> of people and has been tested.
>
> ZODB 3.9 introduces a number of API incompatible changes and will not
> work with Zope 2.11 in general. I had to change the Zope 2 code for 2.12
> in quite a number of places to make it work with ZODB 3.9. I'd be
> surprised if you get this combination working in a reliable way.
>
> Hanno

Yes, I backport some codes from Zope2.12 to make Plone3.1.7 work with
ZODB3.9.0a12. I really want to use ZODB3.9 cause zc.async1.5.1 needs it.
I'll continue test it to ensure all works ok.

Now I am so exciting to prepare convert my large site to use RelStorage,
hope there is a big performance improvement ahead. Thanks guys, you awesome.

happy weekend
eastxing