[ZODB-Dev] Can I use RelStorage with ZODB3.9.0

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdan at zope.com
Fri Mar 6 09:52:19 EST 2009

On Mar 6, 2009, at 5:33 AM, eastxing wrote:

> Yes, I backport some codes from Zope2.12 to make Plone3.1.7 work
> with ZODB3.9.0a12. I really want to use ZODB3.9 cause zc.async1.5.1
> needs it.

No, it doesn't.  zc.async works just fine with ZODB 3.8.1.

Notice on this page which version of ZODB was used as a dependency:
http://packages.python.org/zc.async/1.5.0/QUICKSTART_1_VIRTUALENV.html

zc.async only specifies that it depends on ZODB3, but not the exact
version, leaving the choice to the application that uses it.

If you are using zc.buildout, and did not specify the exact versions,
zc.buildout will pick the latest version of any dependency for any
package -- thus ZODB 3.9 for zc.async.

However, you can nail the ZODB version to 3.8.1 in the versions
section of your buildout configuration file.  Then, zc.async will be
quite happy to work with it.  For example,

[buildout]
versions = nailed_versions

[nailed_versions]
ZODB3 = 3.8.1

So, zc.async is certainly not enforcing ZODB 3.9.
It all depends on whether you need ZODB 3.9 features that are not in
ZODB 3.8.

	Zvezdan