[ZODB-Dev] ZODB with future timestamp

Hanno Schulz hanno.schulz at catworkx.de
Tue Nov 10 10:04:14 EST 2009

Hi,

we have a ZODB with a future timestamp, somewhere around 2030, after a mistake
while setting the system time. After setting back system time the zope
modification time of all new objects stay at the latest time.

System: Zope 2.9.7 (ZODB 3.6.2?)/Plone 2.5x
I reproduced this problem on a local server, to figure out how to fix it.

While searching the net, i found this discussions
http://www.mail-archive.com/zodb-dev@zope.org/msg03916.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/zodb-dev@zope.org/msg00570.html

Following this "instructions" i copied the data.fs with the patched version of
copyTransactionsFrom with a little script like this:

old_fs = FileStorage('var/filestorage/Data.fs', read_only=True)
iter = old_fs.iterator()
new_fs = FileStorage('var/filestorage/newfs.fs', create=True)
new_fs.copyTransactionsFrom(iter,1, 1)
new_fs.close()
old_fs.close()

And at first it seems to work, but only for objects that haven't changed during
the wrong sytemdate time.

This error happens while modifing content in plone and zope
http://pastebin.com/m7d8ede5a
and this while adding content in plone and zope
http://pastebin.com/m36476541

Maybe i've done something wrong while creating the new data.fs. Or there is
another solution to fix this problem.
I hope you can give me hint/tip/instruction or anything else to solve it.

Thanks
Hanno Schulz