[ZODB-Dev] plone and postgres "connection problems"

lista administracion reference.list at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 13:49:28 EDT 2010

Thanks for the link and answer.

At the moment did tunning ¬ ¬! , Well better said a trial and error. I have
this configuration seems to work at least take a day without fail.

I leave my settings if anyone would work for more days.

Postgres with 4gigas
#####Set this to 140% of the average number of expected connections. 100
clients average means 140 max connections.
max_connections = 2000
tcp_keepalives_idle = 60                        # TCP_KEEPIDLE, in seconds;
                                        # 0 selects the system default
tcp_keepalives_interval = 30            # TCP_KEEPINTVL, in seconds;
                                        # 0 selects the system default
tcp_keepalives_count = 10               # TCP_KEEPCNT;
                                        # 0 selects the system default

shared_buffers = 262144                 # min 16 or max_connections*2, 8KB
each
#2 Gigas
#echo $((1024 * 1024 * 3072)) > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
#262144=1024*1024*3072/8192
work_mem = 16384
max_fsm_pages = 153600                  # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes
each
#GuyThornley's favourite settings for these parameters are:
commit_delay = 20000
commit_siblings = 3
effective_cache_size = 393216
random_page_cost = 4                    # units are one sequential page
fetch

To Plone 4 gigas
      zserver-threads 6
%import relstorage
    <relstorage>
        name BDplone
        blob-dir var/blobs
        cache-local-mb 512
        cache-delta-size-limit 10000
        commit-lock-timeout 30
        poll-interval 0
        pack-dry-run true
        pack-batch-timeout 5.0
        pack-duty-cycle 1.0
        pack-max-delay 20
        <postgresql>
           dsn dbname='BDplone' user='admin' host='10.9.10.33'
password='123'
        </postgresql>
    </relstorage>
    mount-point /