[ZODB-Dev] 32-bit vs 64-bit

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Nov 18 10:39:01 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 03:25:17PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there any intricacies with migrating a ZODB-backed Zope 2 app from
> 32-bit to 64-bit machines?

I haven't noticed any problems, when I moved my personal website from a
32-bit machine to a 64-bit one.

About the only noticeable difference -- other than the obvious memory
growth -- is that string hashes are computed differently, which changes
the ordering of dict.keys().  Thankfully, pickles do not rely on that
implementation detail.

Marius Gedminas
--
It's possible to describe anything in mathematical notation. I recall seeing
some paper once in which someone had created a mathematical description of C.