[ZODB-Dev] blocked transactions?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Oct 13 10:59:23 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> On 13/10/2010 15:40, Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> Related: how can I find out how long transactions are taking?
>>
>> Note that we're really talking about how long commits are taking,
>> specifically the time between vote and finish. You can determine that
>> from the waiting messages.
>
> So there's no logging I can turn on to see how long commits are taking,
> unless I can get more of those 'transaction blocked' messages to show up?

You can set the log level to debug. This will log the entire ZEO
protocol. Analysis will take require a bit of work.  (Note that ZEO
3.10 no longer does this level of logging even at the debug level, as
it slowed the server down.)

You could temporarily hack the ZEO storage server code to collect
statisics. That would probably be easier than debug logging.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton