[ZODB-Dev] Default comparison considered harmful in BTrees.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Oct 25 17:51:13 EDT 2010

I'm inclined to treat the use of the comparison operator inherited
from object in BTrees to be a bug.  I plan to fix this on the
trunk.

I'm tempted to fix this in 10.1.  This change would make it impossible
to add keys to BTrees or buckets or to add items to BTree-based
sets if the key or items inherits it's comparison from object.  This
would only apply to instances of new-style classes, including
persistent objects. (It wouldn't affect old-style-class instances,
which are too hard to introspect.)

Thoughts?

Jim

--