[ZODB-Dev] RFC: reduce ZEO default min-disconnect-poll to 1 and default max-disconnect-poll count to min-disconnect-poll.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Dec 9 15:51:02 UTC 2011

ZEO client storages have parameters, min-disconnect-poll and
max-disconnect-poll that control how often they try to reconenct when
disconnected.  They start trying every min-disconnect-poll seconds and
gradually increate the wait times up to max-disconnect-poll seconds.

A backoff strategy like this is typically used when there is a
competition for resources. There's no such competition here.  Also,
attempts to reconnect aren't very expensive.

I propose to change the default min-disconnect-poll and
max-disconnect-poll to 1 (adjusting the latter if someone provides a
min-disconnect-poll > >).

If there are no objections, I'll make this change in 3.11.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton