[ZODB-Dev] Question about zeo client cache

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Sat Dec 10 22:41:43 UTC 2011

Op 09-12-11 22:49, Raoni Castro schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place.
>
> I've a production site running in ha with plone 4.1.0 with zeo running
> in other machine. The site was  installed from unified installer and my
> blobstorage cache started to grow too much.
>
> I saw that version 4.1.8 of plone.recipe.zope2instance provided
> zeo-client-blob-cache-size, so I updated this recipe to this version in
> the development instance for testing and ran buildout with the following
> configuration changes (in the zeo client):
>
> base.cfg:
> [instance]
> zodb-cache-size = 5000
> ..
> zeo-client-cache-size= 8 MB
> zeo-client-blob-cache-size = 15 MB

Disk size is cheap.  I suggest increasing this to a few hundred MB or
maybe even a few GB if you have lots of data.  Otherwise you will get a
lot of traffic between your zeoclient and server.

> ..
> blob-storage = ${buildout:directory}/var/filestorage/blobstorage
> shared-blob-dir = off
>
> But, the folder ${buildout:directory}/var/filestorage/blobstorage
> already holds more than 28 MB.
>
> Have I done something wrong? Can someone please point me to the right path?

I don't notice any glaring errors.  Are you sure it is not just one
large 28 MB file?

--
Maurits van Rees   http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl