[ZODB-Dev] Question about zeo client cache

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 09:22:33 UTC 2011

On 10 December 2011 23:41, Maurits van Rees <m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl> wrote:
> Disk size is cheap.  I suggest increasing this to a few hundred MB or maybe
> even a few GB if you have lots of data.  Otherwise you will get a lot of
> traffic between your zeoclient and server.

If you have very low network latency (essentially if your ZEO is on
the LAN), there's little point in having a client cache. It's faster
to pull the data from the ZEO server which either:

1) has the data you need in its own cache, or
2) can load it from disk in which case the network overhead is negligible.

The ZEO client cache is really only suitable for systems where your
ZEO server is on the internet.

\malthe