[ZODB-Dev] I would like to know if api exists nowadays to get list of all objects which where modified in a transaction ?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Jul 29 16:33:45 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:21:23PM +0200, Pedro Ferreira wrote:
> > some time ago, someone ask how to get list of all objects which where
> > modified in a transaction :
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.zodb/5734
>
> I do not know if this is what you are looking for:
>
> https://gist.github.com/1113786
>
> It's a small thing that i hacked some months ago, and that provides a
> detailed log on what is going on behind the scenes (client-side).

I've a smaller hack in zodbbrowser (sorry for the long URL, launchpad
sucks):
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~zodbbrowser-dev/zodbbrowser/trunk/view/head:/src/zodbbrowser/browser.py#L84

Basically, if you don't mind peeking in private attributes of
transaction and connection objects, you can easily find out what objects
were added/modified.

I wouldn't hesitate use this for debugging, but I would not build
business logic on top of this.

Marius Gedminas
--
It also makes sense in the case of 1872, where most of Horace Greenly's
electors came to the sensible conclusion that the death of their candidate made