[ZODB-Dev] packing ZODB

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 06:46:03 EDT 2011

Hello,

After investigating FileStorage a bit, I found that GC runs on objects,
but pack later by transactions. That means that if there's a bigger-ish
transaction, we can't get rid of it until all of it's objects are GCed
(or superseeded by newer states).

Is that correct? I think yes, so an idea might be to split up
transactions to one transaction per object state somehow and pack again.
This would definitely work only offline of course.

How is this handled by relstorage?

--
Best regards,
  Adam GROSZER