[ZODB-Dev] Occasional startup errors in serialize.py/_reconstructor

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon May 9 07:29:22 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> Occasionally I receive the following error after starting my instance
> after the first request.
> There is no way to recover out other than restarting the
> instance...then everything is fine.
> I don't know why this happens from time to time...any clue?

[...]

>  File "/home/ajung/sandboxes/zopyx.authoring/lib/python2.6/copy_reg.py",
> line 48, in _reconstructor
>    obj = object.__new__(cls)
> TypeError: ('object.__new__(UserDataSchemaProvider) is not safe, use
> Persistence.Persistent.__new__()', <function _reconstructor at
> 0x2aad95da3b18>, (<class
> 'dgho.onkopedia.userdataschema.UserDataSchemaProvider'>, <type
> 'object'>, None))

What does the code of the dgho...UserDataSchemaProvider class look
like? I'm assuming it's similar to the one from plone.app.users that
looks like:

class UserDataSchemaProvider(object):
    implements(IUserDataSchemaProvider)

That one is registered as a global utility via a utility declaration
with a factory.

What part of your code tries to store this utility in the ZODB?

Hanno