[ZODB-Dev] Mysql with RelStorage shows very bad results

Войнаровський Тарас voyn1991 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:16:26 UTC 2011

Decided to test RelStorage, if there is a need to migrate.
Converted the database using the configuration:
"""
<filestorage source>
  path var/filestorage/Data.fs
</filestorage>

<relstorage destination>
  cache-servers 127.0.0.1:11211
  cache-module-name memcache
  <mysql>
    db zodb
    user root
    passwd 123
  </mysql>
</relstorage>
"""
Convert took around 2 hours and the speed is realy bad. I tried iterating
through all objects, by using the findObjectsProviding of
zope.app.generations and it took 600 seconds, in contrast to the 20 seconds
with FileStorage.
The cache works good though (nearly the same results at single object
geting multiple times).

Maybe mysql set up needs some configuration, that I'm not aware of? Some
indexes maybe...