[ZODB-Dev] SVN: ZODB/trunk/ Note split of persistent.

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Aug 26 11:05:24 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> This failure, and the others like it, indicate that the buildout has
> failed to install persistent correctly (there is nothing Windows-specific
> about the failure)::

I actually got the same error locally.

The trouble is the timestamp.py module and the TimeStamp.c extension.
During installation setuptools creates a wrapper for the extension
file. So you end up with TimeStamp.so but also a timestamp.py wrapper.
This wrapper overwrites the original timestamp.py module.

You likely have a case-sensitive file system and therefor didn't get
this problem.

I think TimeStamp.c has been there before and is imported in other
modules as "from persistent.TimeStamp import TimeStamp". So we should
keep that API and use a different name for the new timestamp.py
module.

Hanno