[ZODB-Dev] what's the latest on zodb/zeo+memcached?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jan 15 17:10:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Claudiu Saftoiu <csaftoiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking to speed up my server and it seems memcached would be a good
> way to do it - at least for the `Catalog` (I've already put the catalog in a
> separate
> zodb with a separate zeoserver with persistent client caching enabled and it
> still doesn't run as nice as I like...)
>
> I've googled around a bit and found nothing definitive, though... what's the
> best way to combine zodb/zeo + memcached as of now?

My opinion is that a distributed memcached isn't
a big enough win, but this likely depends on your  use cases.

We (ZC) took a different approach.  If there is a reasonable way
to classify your corpus by URL (or other request parameter),
then check out zc.resumelb.  This fit our use cases well.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton