[Zope-CMF] Instant FAQ?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:34:02 +0100

True, but you could make the same argument about the How-To list ;-)

> I started compiling a list of FAQs a while back, because I was
> noticing how often the same questions were being asked.  I didn't get
> very far, but here were my prime FAQ candidates, for what they're
> worth:

I've added links to relevant docs/archives where I could find em -

- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008261.html
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008537.html

- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-June/007109.html

- http://cmf.zope.org/doc/devel/writing_skins

> How can I change links in the actions box?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008172.html
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008266.html

A few I'd add -

How can I change the stuff that's added for a new member?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-August/008947.html

What do the styles in default_stylesheet refer to?
- http://cmf.zope.org/CMF/Members/bowerymarc/stylesheet_colorguide

How can I autogenerate an ID for a new object?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-June/007556.html

What's the difference between "Type" and "meta_type"?
http://cmf.zope.org/CMF/Members/tseaver/how_tos/taming_types_tool

Why won't a Topic/searchresults display the "body" of objects it finds?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-August/009096.html

How do I convert Zope products to CMF?

How do I create workgroups/restricted folders?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-June/007578.html
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-June/007537.html
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-August/009073.html

How do I make portals-within-portals?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008151.html
- http://cmf.zope.org/Members/seb/CreateCatalogTool/view

How do I make CMF the root of my site?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-August/009107.html

How do I add extra properties to content-types/DublinCore?
- http://cmf.zope.org/CMF/Members/tseaver/how_tos/using_scriptable_type_info
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008376.html

How do I use Skinned Folders?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008428.html

How is the login form called?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008509.html

How do I count the number of replies to a discussable item?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008553.html

How do I hide the actions_box from anonymous users?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008748.html

How do I restrict what types of items can be added in a folder?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-July/008856.html

How do I show other properties of Members in the "roster"?
- http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-August/009131.html

How do I allow anonymous to contribute content?
- http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/995260269

OK, so some of them aren't Frequent yet, but I'm sure they will be! ;-)

HTH, anyone got any more? ...or links to better answers?

Cheers, Jon