[Zope-CMF] typo in PortalPollTutorial and error handling issue

Andreas Heckel andreas@easyleading.org
Tue, 08 May 2001 05:53:55 +0200

STEP by STEP

Go to /Control_Panel/Products/PortalPollProduct and add the
"addPortalPollClassPy" script there.

^^^^
The Skript name is addPortalClassPy.
Because I copied & pasted it from the tutorial the demo did not work. I
red
all that stuff posted on the list but there was no hint ;-)
After a long night grazing the sources I found a really ugly error
handling
in TypesTool.py class FactoryTypeInformation  _getFactoryMethod.
This method simply returns 'None' if anything is wrong. It is called by
constructInstance which simply throws this error message:
Unauthorized : Cannot create Poll
IMHO it is more a Windowz notice than a valuable error message ;-)
After changing the error handling in _getFactorcMethod I realized my
mistake. And now my Poll is polling =8-)

How ever ... I've learned a lot and I would like to thank Dave for
this great tutorial.

aeg

Andreas Heckel                                  andreas@easyleading.org
LINUX is like a wigwam...no gates...no windows and an apache inside ;-)