[Zope-CMF] CMF for intranets, CMF inside CMF etc

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
08 Feb 2002 09:55:29 +0000

CMF could be used as the basis for an excellent intranet.  There's been
some discussion about this before on the list - search for workgroups,
intranet, etc.  In particular, I like the ability to store documents on
a 'filesystem' (via webdrive or similar), and have then be automatically
indexed and converted to HTML / whatever.  I also did a proof of concept
a while ago which also allowed mailing in of emails and attachments -
you might want to look at that:
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/seb/JamkitTypes.tar.gz/view (although it
really needs updating, so may of limited interest :)

Anyway in answer to your question, tools etc are made available via
acquisition, so you will be able to share them amongst sub-portals -
although  it sounds more to me like you need 'workgroup' capabilities.

seb