[Zope-CMF] Moderated Discussion

Jeff Sasmor jsasmor@gte.net
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:46:51 -0500

> > Plone is ZPT-based, and uses CSS extensively, and Blark just clobbers the
> > layout and style. Perhaps it's less a DTML vs. ZPT issue, and simply a
> > product of how much of the look-and-feel for it's section of the site
> Blark  simply takes over.

You need to recall that Blark is an 'old' product and
ZPT wasn't part of much of anything at the time it (blark)
was created.  The design intent **was** to 'take over' the
look and feel (like, do people using a blog want to
'enter metadata' ) while not introducing new content types
or  adding stylesheets (or changing existing ones) -
Blark articles are plain old portal documents that are
tweaked by Blark after they are created -

Anyway, Blark is at  least skinnable and easy to
modify the look if you want  to delve into DTML-land.
BTW, it does use CSS; it uses the stylesheets that come
with CMF and adds a few styles of its own.

I have built a bunch of  Blark-driven sites and it's
really not  that hard; and a  lot less diff. than porting
Blark to ZPT.

So there. :-)

Jeff Sasmor
jeff@sasmor.com