[Zope-CMF] UnpickleableError in new portal type

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:27:51 +0100

tirsdag 19 februar 2002 18:15 skrev du:
> Hello,
>
> I needed a mail client TTW and have started on implemeting both POP3 and
> IMAP connections into my Online PIM ...
> I not that far yet :-)
>
> I have created a ImapConnection class ..
> It has a openConnection function which logs a user into the imap account ..
> This is a code snip of the function:
>
>  def openConnection(self):
>         port = int(self.port)
>         self.socket = imaplib.IMAP4(self.server, port)
>         self.socket.login(self.username, self.password)
>
> The self.socket=imaplib.IMAP4() works fine but the next line produces a
> Error Type  UnpickleableError
> Error Value Cannot pickle objects
>
> I have looked through the archives to find out something about this error
> and all I have found out is that the error is raised because the object
> cannot be stored in ZODB ..
>
> But how should I create the instance then ?

Hi again,

I made the same implementation of a PopConnection class (calling the
respective functions of poplib) and got the the same UnpickeableError ..

Looking into the log file of my mail server I can see that I did connect and
it did log me in ...
But it closes the connection with this message:
Command stream end of file while reading line user=gitte_wange.dk
host=213.237.101.66.adsl.kh.worldonline.dk [213.237.101.66]

Why ?

TIA,
Gitte Wange