[Zope-CMF] Dublin Core Subject Qualifier Implementation

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:52:51 +0100

Tim Hoffman writes:
 > I would like to add my 2c worth on the general topic of Metadata etc..
 > whilst the topic is currently raised.
 >
 > We have been extending the defaultDublinCore implementation with Hotfix's
 > to add additional elements such as those found in the AGLS, but I have
 > to say
 > it seems to be about the only way to transparently add it to all content
 > objects.
 >
 > I find this starts to show deficiencies in the metadata model as implemented
 > in current CMF because we see inside objects such as all the init
 > methods for content types in
 > CMFDefault actually specifying all of the core dublic core elements as
 > arguments (whoops).
As I understand it, "CMFDefault" is *NOT* meant as a production
portal but as an example and a demo. A production portal
is expected to use the tools in CMFCore along the lines of CMFDefault
to build portal specific content objects.
For your own portal objects, you can use your own metadata base
class in a similar way as CMFDefault uses "DublinCoreDefaultImpl".

Dieter