[Zope-CMF] Workflow issue? - or how to customize

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
03 May 2002 11:52:25 -0400

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 08:40, Antonio Orlando wrote:

> I would like that the users of my site could add *only* "news items".
> How can I customize that? Where is it loaded at folder_factories?

The stock 'folder_factories' method queries the types tool for a list
of types the user is permitted to add within the current container;
what you want is to remove the permission for "normal" members to add
any type other than NewsItem.  Visit the security tab of each type
object (under 'portal_types') and remove the "View" permission from
the roles your users have for those types you don't want them to add.

> I'm having to translate some pages to portuguese - mainly the workflow
> pages (insert news, document and etc). Is there a special way or just
> customize the dtml pages?

You could start by customizing them, and then dump them to the
filesystem as a new skins directory.