[Zope-CMF] How do I prevent join request?

Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 06:10:03 -0500

Hi,

CMF-3.1-beta1

How do I prevent a new user from joining the CMF portal?

http://cmf.zope.org/doc/FAQ/permissions/faq4  does not seem
to address the issue because there are no boxes checked in
the anonymous column for CMF site in my out-of-the-box installation.
And, I want to allow anonymous to view what ever is available
at this time, while preventing user to join.

Use case #1 is that portal is membership managed behind
a firewall for internal use and membership is closed.

Use case #2 is that portal is new, undergoing construction.
Anonymous viewing is allowed, but is not ready for membership.

-- jlf