[Zope-CMF] Multiple languages

Frank Bennett bennett@nomolog.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Fri, 17 May 2002 19:02:47 +0900

Not a problem specific to the CMF, with apologies.

I am trying to set up simple language switching in Zope. I tried out the
Localizer, but found it added a layer of complication without fully solving
the problem for us (the LocalContent object in Localizer is apparently limited
to structured text).

My immediate need is for a small site.  We only need to support two languages,
and we are willing to maintain two trees of complete page templates, if we
have to.  Connecting users should be fed a page that suits their preference of
languages in the first instance, and they should be able to change languages
using buttons in the page.

I have put together code for setting and reading cookies and whatnot, but I
cannot for the life of me figure out how to use that information to jump to or
feed out a page template other than the one that the browser was originally
pointed at.

If anyone can point me at worked examples, I would be very grateful.

(If this belongs somewhere else, please let me know.)

Frank Bennett
Nagoya