[Zope-CMF] I think I broke it (and I need help)

Steve Arnold sarnold@arnolds.dhs.org
30 May 2002 21:17:51 -0700

Emergency help for the stupid needed -

I upgraded Zope from 2.3.2 to 2.4.3, using the src.rpms on redhat 7.1 (I
had to update the spec file from python 2.1 to just python2 to get it to
build (since I also upgraded to python 2.2).

I got Zope to come back up, after fixing a minor glitch in the zerver.sh
script (same reference to python 2.1), and the basic stuff seems to
work.  However, most of the other stuff broke (mostly squishdot forums
and a couple of CMF portals).  I ran the updater scripts as outlined in
the zope upgrade notes, but no joy.

My older portal is completey hosed, while the zpt-based portal renders
the basic text, but everything else bombs with a "TALESerror" or a key
error (the two portals were created before and after an upgrade to CMF
1.2).

I'm not familiar enough with the internals to figure this out, so I
could really use some help.  I backed up the data.fs file first, so I
suppose I could revert back to the older Zope and squishdot versions,
but I'd really rather not do that.

Anybody care to help bail me out of this mess?  I'll buy the beers...

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Steve