[Zope-Coders] Where to put ContentTypeRegistry.py

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:13:18 -0500

> In my better put handling branch, I am merging in the
> content type registry from the CMF into the Zope core.
> This has a dedicated module and a test module.
>
> Where should it go? At present it will be used only by
> ObjectManager, so I suppose it could go with it (and
> content_types.py) under OFS. But that didn't feel 100%
> right to me.
>
> This will likely come out with 2.6, but I guess a
> larger question is where such a thing might also go
> under the new Zope3 hierarchy.
>
> I am putting it under OFS for now, let me know your
> thoughts on this.

I think OFS is fine for Zope 2.x. I'm not sure we've gotten
far enough on Zope3 for there to be a clear answer - in any
case I'm willing to defer to Jim on that.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Software Engineer  540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com