[Zope-Coders] Zope 2.5.0beta3 & ParsedXML

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:08:06 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> But I built my own expat (the one
> coming with ParsedXML) so I'm confused why it would be importing your version
> at all. Doesn't look like this is possible, as it's importing like this:
>
> from Products.ParsedXML.Expat import pyexpat
>
> which gets ParsedXML's expat. But it looks like somehow it got confused by
> something..

This problem seems to have 'gone away' when I did a hand-install of
Zope 2.5.0b3; it now parses larger documents just fine again. Perhaps
there are some flakey code still in Expat that I hadn't reconfigured
or recompiled or something.

> > However, I can't tell you how to fix it, other than to recommend yanking
> > the python that shipped with it and trying to build your own Python
> > 2.1.2 from CVS.
>
> I will try that to nail down the problem tomorrow. Still want to check
> whether it crashes or not now.

Okay, it didn't become tomorrow, but I've yanked a Python 2.1.2 from
CVS and I've build 2.5 b3 with it. I can again load up large documents,
and again I get the same crash bug with ParsedXML through the ZMI
that I've always gotten. Have you gotten any further in reproducing
it at all? I've heard reports from others about infinite hangs, perhaps
that's another way the bug shows itself.

And setting ZOPE_SECURITY_POLICY to PYTHON definitely makes the problem
go away, too.

Regards,

Martijn