[Zope-Coders] Importing Zope in tests

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:39:14 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> I've expanded the nightly tests to include ZEO, bsddb3Storage, and CMF.
>  I tried to include ParsedXML as well but the current CVS has a *lot*
> of failed tests and a prominent crash bug.  But other than that, things
> are finally shaping up IMHO.

Thanks for trying to include ParsedXML.

I know about the lot of failed tests; all the parser tests fail due to
unicode issues. I can make the parser tests pass but then I introduce
a crash bug. I've been crying for help about this for a while..
I simply don't know enough about this to tackle it -- seems to be
an issue with PyExpat and unicode..

This is why I wanted them to show up for others too; perhaps someone will
get so annoyed that they'll go and fix it (the crashbug that you can enable
by turning on a commented line in the parser tests)..

What is the prominent crash bug you speak about, however? I've had a crashbug
before, but this went away again -- there was a version of Python 2.1
that came with Debian (unstable) that had it, but later versions fixed
it again; it seemed to have to do something with the refcount tests.
Since handcompiled Python 2.1s did not exhibit the same problem I assumed
it was an issue with Debian's python.

Unrelated from these particular bugs however is the crash you get when
you use ParsedXML in Zope 2.5 from the management screens and the
zope security policy uses cAccessControl. That is, seemingly
unrelated; at least it has nothing to do with the Parser carshbug.
Note that the only C-based code unique to ParsedXML involves PyExpat;
all the other crashes occur in Python code and must point to problems
elsewhere..

Regards,

Martijn