[Zope-Coders] Standby-branch disappearing

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:20:34 -0500

I merged the Standby-branch to the trunk for ZODB and BTrees earlier
today.  This adds a bunch of small new features to ZODB and
rationalizes the handling of ConflictError exceptions (thanks to Greg
Ward).  The changes have been pretty well tested by Standby Storage,
but didn't get done in time to make it into Zope 2.5.  I expect
they'll make it into some Zope 2.5.x.

This is just a heads up on the changes, and a reminder that we expect
the trunk to be different than the Zope-2_5-branch for a while.

The next step is to merge the ZEO Standby-branch into a ZEO2 branch
and retire the Standby-branch (and the ZEO-ZRPC-Dev branch).

Jeremy