[Zope-Coders] Re: Will be directing the collector items to separate list

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:19:19 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> Later today i'll be redirecting the Zope collector traffic to a separate
> list - there are competing needs that need to be addressed, so i'll be
> proposing a way to satisfy them all, as well.  For those of you chafing
> under the traffic, please put up with it for a bit longer.

I've created a new mailling list, zope-collector-monitor@zope.org (yes,
it's a mouthful) - subscribe at

Checkin-privileged zope coders are strongly encouraged to subscribe, for a
variety of reasons.  Collector issues are a crucial part of the
development feedback loop, helping to steer us to areas that need
attention and sometimes revealing deficiencies in our processes.  In
general, the more informed eyes on the issues, the better.

In fact, while i agree that having the collector traffic directly in the
zope-coders list is disruptive, i'm a bit sorry to move it away, because
i've seen a few cases in the past few days where someone not among the
collector supporters was alerted to relevant problems they would not
otherwise have seen.  I would like to see that level of informedness
continue, by having *all* zope-coders subscribe to the collector-monitor
list - even if in digest mode, to minimize personal interruption.  If you
find occasion to field an issue, let the collector managers know (me,
brian lloyd), and we'll add you to the supporters roster!

--
Ken
klm@zope.com