[Zope-Coders] Something funky with CVS.

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:23:53 -0500

Chris McDonough wrote:

> I committed a change a few days ago to CVS that has seemed to have
> magically disappeared.
>
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-checkins/2002-January/010198.html
>
> Its effect were not backed out by any change to the same file
> subsequently.  But its effects are not present in the branch to which
> they were committed, either.  It's almost as if the CVS repository was
> spontaneously recreated from backup or something.
>
> Anybody have any clues?

The log page:

   http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/Products/Sessions/SessionDataManager.py

would seem to indicate that the change was checked in on the
(now anonymous) branch rooted at revision 1.13.  The 'Zope-2_5-branch'
(which the checkin message indicates pointed at 1.13.2.*), is now
rooted at 1.14.  Tag moves don't trigger any mail traffic or other
audit trail with our current setup, so I can't spelunk to find out
how that occurred.

Tres.