[Zope-Coders] Something funky with CVS.

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:40:03 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Chris McDonough wrote:

> I committed a change a few days ago to CVS that has seemed to have
> magically disappeared.
>
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-checkins/2002-January/010198.html
>
> Its effect were not backed out by any change to the same file
> subsequently.  But its effects are not present in the branch to which
> they were committed, either.  It's almost as if the CVS repository was
> spontaneously recreated from backup or something.
>
> Anybody have any clues?

On examining the CVS log, i did see the log entry for v 1.13.2.2 from Fri,
11 Jan 2002... (towards the bottom of the log, as CVS does with branch
entries), as well as the merge from the branch you apparently just did (v
1.15).  I also checked out 1.13.2.2 (didn't even have to think about
it - emacs VC rocks), and it looked like it had the change indicated in
the diff.

I'm not entirely clear about the problem you're reporting - but by the way
of clues, i copied the ,v file to /var/tmp/SessionDataManager.py,v on
korak, for you to examine to your hearts desire.  (I'm betting the
presence of the branch log entry towards the bottom of the log threw you,
but won't say so, since the dubious nature of the suggestion may seem like
sour grapes, due to being excluded from your stodgy repository, sniff
sniff...-)

--
Ken
klm@zope.com