[Zope-Coders] WebDAV switches, seperate ports and testing.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:21:44 +0000

Evan Simpson wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
> > Well, the best idea for now seems to be to provide a switch to disable WebDAV
> > functionality on the 'main' port.
>
> I agree.  If the switch were 'off' by default, it might also benefit
> people who are new to the "source vs. rendered" port distinction.

Indeed.

> > I'd also like to run up a seperate HTTP server that serves out the same as the
> > 'main' port (ie: rendered content) but on another port. That's changes to z2.py
> > I guess, so how would I test that?
>
> Can't you do that now with multiple -w's?

Urm, how would you specify which ones were DAV enabled adn which ones gave
rendered or source?

Finally, how do I go about making this a reality? Do I need to do a fishbowl
offering (hurm :-S)?

cheers,

Chris