[Zope-Coders] WebDAV switches, seperate ports and testing.

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:36:15 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:
> Well, the best idea for now seems to be to provide a switch to disable WebDAV
> functionality on the 'main' port.

I agree.  If the switch were 'off' by default, it might also benefit
people who are new to the "source vs. rendered" port distinction.
Instead of destroying code through accidental editing on the rendered
port, they would be unable to perform WebDAV operations.  Learning to
turn on the switch (or the source port) is easier and less painful than
trying to undo mistaken changes to code.

> I'd also like to run up a seperate HTTP server that serves out the same as the
> 'main' port (ie: rendered content) but on another port. That's changes to z2.py
> I guess, so how would I test that?

Can't you do that now with multiple -w's?

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope