[Zope-Coders] Great article on unit tests

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:51:44 -0500

Casey Duncan wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 January 2002 12:55 pm, Shane Hathaway allegedly wrote:
>
>>I thought this was a great introduction to unit/functional tests.  I
>>wish I had known about all this stuff long ago. :-)
>>
>>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-test.html
>>
>>Shane
>>

> I think this points to a great idea for a project: Implementing a functional
> testing framework in Zope. This would be used to test Zope applications.
>
> I think this would be no small task, but could turn Zope into an even more
> killer application development platform...
>
> Ok, back to my other 40 irons...

I have gone a fair way down this path already, and plan to release

("throw over the wall") the software and docs ASAP.  In fact, here
are the docs (I need to move the CVS to the public repository, probably
tomorrow):

   http://cmf.zope.org/Members/tseaver/FunctionalTesting/wiki/FrontPage

Tres.