[Zope-Coders] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 181/ 2 Reject "Splitter module"

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:42:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, andreas@andreas-jung.com wrote:

> Shouldn't we can the collector to disallow anonymous postings ? I am usually
> not
> very much motivated to check anonymously posted issues just because there
> is no possibility to get feedback from the issuer.

There are pluses and minuses in either direction.  Not allowing anonymous
postings means we're requiring people to join our site in order to submit
bug reports - almost like we're making that a "privilege" of membership.

I suspect a better approach would be to offer an option on collectors that
enables anyone to chime in on issues, and set the ZC collector to that.

I've been meaning to implement that option, but among many other
unmandated things, it hasn't floated to the top and gotten done.  Perhaps
it needs to be mandated.  (In any case, that won't happen this week, i'll
be on a customer gig.)

Ultimately, this is a call for brian.

--
Ken