[Zope-dev] ZClass inheriting from Python Class

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:41:50 +0200

"Miller, John M." wrote:
> If I've read and interpreted the Documentation properly, you need to make
> your Python class a subclass of BoboPOS.Persistent.  Then I think you need
> to do something like get_transaction().commit() when you want to commit
> changes you've made.  Though it may be that Zope takes care of transactions
> most of the time and you don't have to worry about this.

Yes, but in the case of ZClasses I was assuming that my Python mixin
class would be automagically mixed in with the ZClass, which already
does all this persistent stuff, right? So that's why I'm puzzled, but
maybe you're right. In that case I want to know why still. :) I'm
probably just confused about this, but the ZClasses tutorial also
doesn't mention having to do more than registering the Python class with
Zope to make it work.

> I also just
> discovered a 27 page document on ZODB 3 (cool! the more stuff to read, the
> better I say) which definitely will have a more definitive answer than my
> casual hack.

If I don't get any answers I'll try that; though I thought ZClasses
weren't part of ZOBD 3 itself, but something on top of it instead.

Regards,

Martijn