[Zope-dev] CVS checkin notifications reinstated

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:02:07 -0400 (EDT)

[Since the zope-announce list is new and has relatively few
subscribers, i'm cc'ing the zope-dev list as well - we won't continue
to do this for long.  I'm not sure chris was clear about this - if
you're subscribing to zope-dev (and/or zope) you probably want to
subscribe to zope-announce as well:

We've reinstated updates to the public CVS repository (before the
Zope2 release - looks like that may be a day or two) - *with an
important change*:

  Ongoing development is being applied to a new directory, Zope2.

The old Zope module, on which the prior public checkouts were based,
will *not* be revised, so:

 - If you want to get the new version you'll have to do a new checkout
   of the Zope2 module.

This actually simplifies a bunch of things from our internal
perspective, and a few things from the external perspective, and has
the benefit of providing a checkpoint of the last Zope1 release.  But
it is a change, and we want to be sure that you track it.

Questions?  Comments?  Lemme know.

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com