[Zope-dev] Different searching behavior of acquisition in new version of Zope? Zope?

Marc Conley Marc.Conley@mapics.com
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:46:26 -0400

I have recently brought over some work I was doing under the previous version of
Zope (the latest 1.xxx version) to
the version of Zope I installed from

Zope-2.0.0b1-win32-x86.exe

and am noticing a difference in behavior that I can't understand yet. Any
assistance with this
would be greatly appreciated.

The scenario is as follows:

Folder_A
     Folder_B
          Folder_C
               Folder_D

Folder A has an index_html  DTML document in it which has the line

<PARAM name = "entryURL" value = "<!--#var entryURL-->">

Folder_B, Folder_C, Folder_D all have a property which is called "entryURL".
Note that Folder_A
which holds the index_html document does NOT have this property.

In the previous version of Zope, if I used a URL such as

.../Folder_A/Folder_B/Folder_C/Folder_D  (... stands for part I don't want to
bother typing--not literal)

I would get back an html page that had Folder_D's value for the "entryURL"
property. Now, after
exporting and importing my data into the new version of Zope, if I do the same
thing, I get the html page,
but with the "entryURL" value for Folder_B--the highest (in the hierarchy)
folder that has the property. It
seems that the search mechanism is finding the first instance of the property it
 can find in the URL versus
starting at the lowest folder and searching upward.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, in advance!