[Zope-dev] Zope2.7.0rc2 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setHeader'

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald at ncl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 07:43:35 EST 2004

Hi all,
We're in the process of migrating our sites to 2.7, so to get the guys
up to speed we picked a site at random today. Did the
/usr/local/zope/bin/mkzopeinstance.py jig (works very well), copied the
Data.fs, some external methods, a Zwiki product and were good to go.
This is from a Zope-2.6.1 site.

We found out that LocalFS needed updating, so found a 2.7 compatible
version and installed that.
http://www.my-zope.org/Members/kedai/LocalFS-1-1-0.tgz/file_view

Now we have a very peculiar error, that I'm not posting to the Zope
list as it's the RC2 version of Zope2.7 that we're using.

We have an index_html (initially DTML document, then tried method) that
can be created (located at /prototype/myporfolio/index_html), have it's
security settings changed quite happily. Then when the object is called
we get the error in the subject line. The system specs are;

  Zope Version (2.7.0rc2, python 2.3.3, sunos5)
  Python Version 2.3.3 (#3, Jan 23 2004, 13:36:43) [GCC 2.95.3 20010315
(release)]
  System Platform sunos5
  SOFTWARE_HOME /usr/local/zope/lib/python
  ZOPE_HOME /usr/local/zope

and the traceback is;

Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
   Module App.special_dtml, line 175, in _exec
   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 320, in
__render_with_namespace__
   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
   Module App.special_dtml, line 175, in _exec
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
    - __traceback_info__: RESPONSE
   Module <string>, line 0, in ?
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setHeader'

I have never seen anything like this from Zope before (been using it
since 1.0.3 so I've seen it do quite a bit! :).

I've looked through the zope-dev archives and can't find anything
related (unless it's got something to do with manage_page_charset not
being callable? The only thing I could find on the collector was issue
381, http://collector.zope.org/Zope/381 'HEAD request method broken' -
but that doesn't seem relevant in this condition.

*Any* thoughts would be gratefully received. To recap, we took a pretty
plain 2.6.1 site, loaded it into 2.7.0rc2 and get the traceback
above...

cheers
tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald, Asst Director, FMSC. 0191 245 4223
Project Manager, FDTL-4 ePortfolios http://www.eportfolios.ac.uk/