[Zope-dev] Image.tag() no longer publishable?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Mar 4 16:38:46 EST 2004

I used to be able to browse to an image's tag method
and see its output in my browser.  This worked in zope 2.6.1
and apparently stopped working in 2.6.2.  Anybody know why?
I don't see ANY changes to Image.py between 2.6.1 and 2.6.2.

In 2.6.2, 2.6.4, and 2.7.0 I get the "missing docstring" error:

"The object at http://localhost:8080/foo.jpg/tag
has an empty or missing docstring. Objects must have a docstring
to be published."

Well, that's a bald-faced lie... Image.tag has a nice long docstring!
What the heck? Is this maybe a side-effect of a security fix
somewhere else?

It's very inconvenient, I used this technique to embed zope images
in JSP's and all those pages are now broken.
Any clue would be appreciated.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com