[Zope-dev] Re: Read-only root database doesn't work ... bug orfeature?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue May 25 17:01:33 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:46:16PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Now I've discovered a few more products that are read-only-incompatible :-(
> CMFCalendar and (eek) CMFCore.
> I'll look into those and see if a similar fix will help.

False alarm, apparently caused by me moving my product directories
around while testing.  registerHelp checks the directory mod time
and returns immediately unless it's more recent than the last
registration time. My moving stuff around triggered that.

So after one startup with read-only off, I restarted
with read-only on and presto, all my products work. Whew!

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com