[Zope-dev] Re: [Z3lab] Nuxeo supports Zope Corp announces

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Jun 17 07:52:48 EDT 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 07:16, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> Then when I look at the members of the Plone foundation (
> http://plone.org/foundation/about/board/list ) I only see companies,
> except that ZC is not represented. So even if every member gets a vote,
> how much does that vote count in the development process of Zope2, CMF
> and Zope3 ?

Ugh, I hope I misread this. If the foundation or any other instituation ever
influences the Zope 3 development process, I will not contribute any more. I
rather have ZC-centric development platform and the freedom to choose what to
do for a release (in agreement with the other Z3-core developers) than a
vender-independent foundation with a foundation-driven development cycle.

Also, I agree with Andreas and Philipp that developers should be members, not
companies. Otherwise, how could I, as an independent developer, have a say?
BTW, this is also positive for companies, since they can have several
developers being members. In the proposed scenario, my one-man shop would
have a lot of power compared to larger companies, such as ZC, Nuxeo, etc.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter